About the Opportunity
The Mid North Coast Local Health District (MNCLHD) is a government funded health organisation that covers an area of 11,335 square kilometres extending from Port Macquarie in the south to Coffs Harbour in the north. MNCLHD provides a diverse range of services to a population of approximately 215,000 people. It has a workforce of 4,300 across seven hospital sites and 10 Community Health Centres, and a budget of approximately $620 million.
MNCLHD is currently seeking an experienced Divisional Nurse Manager to lead nursing operations across, Surgical Services and Critical Care. The Divisional Nurse Manager will join the organisation during an exciting period of growth, including the redevelopment of the Coffs Harbour Health Campus, and will lead a process of change management across the respective teams, focusing on capability building, organisational efficiency and workforce engagement. The Health Campus is currently undergoing a $194M redevelopment project which will see enhancements to the existing acute and sub-acute care areas including new theatres, a new short stay surgical unit, orthopaedic and vascular unit, ambulatory care area and the expansion of community health.
Reporting to the Director of Nursing and Midwifery, Manager of Inpatient Services, the successful appointee will have responsibility for:
- Operationalising plans consistent with organisational strategy, goals and objectives.
- Provide a high level of leadership and support to nursing managers and staff in areas of responsibility whilst ensuring the delivery of optimal health care within available resources.
- Coordinate performance management and human resource activities within Units of responsibility.
- Collaborate with other Divisional and Operational Managers to ensure consistency in leadership and management approaches.
- Develop strong and influential working relationships across the Clinical Network; and
- Contribute to a strategic/operational plan for the nursing service.
The successful candidate will have current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as well as;
- Previous experience leading nursing teams and managing acute health services in a comparably complex setting;
- Developed sound leadership capability, with a demonstrated ability to drive staff engagement and development; and overall divisional performance;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to distil, reframe and deliver solutions focused responses to issues; and
- In depth understanding of clinical prioritisation and the ability to make informed decisions in a high-pressure environment.
This experience may have been gained within NSW Health, or within other public health services or private acute providers. Previous experience working in an operational role during periods of significant change will be highly advantageous.
How to Apply
Mid North Coast Local Health District values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community it serves. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with a disability.
When applying, please address the following two areas in your brief cover letter:
- Provide an example of your experience leading a team through significant change. What challenges did you face and what was the outcome?
- Describe a time when you have led programs focused on building capability within an existing team.
Need more information?
- Click here for the Position Description
- Find out more about applying for this position
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please call Briaan Llorente of The Orchard Talent Group on (02) 9157 6212 or email Briaan@orchardtalent.com.au
Applications close Friday 26th March