A leading Disability provider has been selected as one of the Early Childhood Partners, delivering the National Disability Insurance Agency's Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) in the Illawarra region.
We are seeking an Occupational Therapist (OT) to join the organisation during an exciting period of transition.
About the Role
The successful candidate will work with children and their families to offer and determine the best support options to improved independence, social participation and quality of life.
ECEI coordinators will deliver the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) planning process; provide information, support and build the capacity of families with children (0 - 6 years of age) who have developmental delays or disabilities.
As the first point of contact for families, the successful candidate will work to establish the most relevant pathways to support a child, this may include community, mainstream settings and /or transition into the NDIS.
Reporting directly to their Team leader, this individual will be part of an established and supportive trans-disciplinary team.
We are seeking a qualified and personable individual who can work sensitively and empathically with families from diverse cultural backgrounds and with complex needs.
The successful applicant will have;
- Tertiary Qualifications in Occupational Therapy with a minimum of 3 years' experience in the field
- Current professional registration or eligibility for registration where appropriate
- Current NSW Drivers' License and vehicle to travel
- Ability to undertake developmental assessments and write reports for children (0- 6 years)
- Highly developed time management and organisational skills
- Ability to make a positive difference for people with disabilities.
What's on Offer
- Mentoring, peer support and professional development
- Travel allowance
- Salary packaging and novated leasing options available
- Access to the latest technology to enable effective supports in the child/family's natural environment
- Opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking organisation within the Disability Sector
- Great support and staff culture
For a confidential discussion, please call Dani White on 02 9157 6204 or email email@example.com