About the Opportunity
Mid North Coast Local Health District (MNCLHD) is currently seeking a senior nursing leader to step into the role of Executive Officer/Director of Nursing at Bellingen and Macksville Hospitals (EO/DON). Overseeing both sites, the EO/DON will lead and develop nursing services at both the operational and strategic level. There are a number of exciting changes underway within the District, with Macksville Hospital currently undergoing a greenfield development with an expected completion date of April 2020.
Reporting to the General Manager Coffs Harbour/Coffs Clinical Network Coordinator, the Executive Officer/Director of Nursing will;
- Develop a strategic plan for the nursing service and contribute to strategic planning at an organisational level.
- Engage closely with internal and external stakeholders to align service delivery and meet community needs.
- Develop and embed a positive workforce culture open to critical reflection and change, in line with MNCLHD's CORE values.
- Oversee and develop a robust governance framework to manage, evaluate and identify areas to enhance performance.
Regular travel between the two sites will be required, with some additional travel required across the District.
The successful candidate will have current registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia and;
- Developed sound leadership capability, with the ability to bring a contemporary approach to staff engagement.
- Evidenced ability to consult, liaise and negotiate with staff at all levels, and external agencies to influence positive relationships and change.
- A track record managing resources within a budget to deliver safe and efficient health care.
This experience may have been gained in a similar at-level role, or within other senior nursing positions such as Operational Nurse Manager or Health Service Manager across public health services or private acute providers. Previous experience working in an operational role during a large redevelopment would be highly advantageous.
How to Apply
Mid North Coast Local Health District values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community it serves. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with a disability.
When applying, please address the following two areas in your brief cover letter:
- Please describe your experience driving change initiative in a team environment.
- Please outline an example of when you have collaborated/negotiated with internal or external stakeholders to improve service delivery.
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please call Emma Chapman-Davies of The Orchard Talent Group on (02) 9157 6207 or email email@example.com quoting reference: 26221.
Applications close Wednesday 13th November.