About the company
This organisation is a faith-based community service business that provides high quality disability, specialist education, aged care and retirement living services. Having been in operation for over a century, this organisation currently employs over 2,500 employees over 50 locations and are an organisation that is committed to providing care across a range of services across Victoria.
About the role
The Facility Manager will be responsible for the leadership and operational management of this aged care residence in South East Melbourne to provide quality care to the residents. The Facility Manager leads the management team at each facility and works closely with the Regional Manager in developing, managing and evaluating facility performance.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Facility Manager will be required to drive:
- People Leadership - Ability to lead an influence a high performing team and hold employees to account.
- Risk & Compliance - Stabilise clinical outcomes and ensure all employees are clear on what the care outcomes are and what role they play.
- Stakeholder Engagement - Build strong relationships, both with employees and with residents and families.
For this role we are seeking an experienced Facility Manager, or highly experienced Care Manager with substantial experience in an acting role as a Residential Service Manager. In addition, they will have:
- Management experience in the aged care services sector with experience working with ageing clients.
- Relevant tertiary qualification - AHPRA Nursing registration, desired but not essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Aged Care Act, ACFI, Aged Care Quality and Safety Standards and relevant legislation.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively and compassionately with residents, families, employees and volunteers; patience; common sense and an understanding of customer service.
- Ability to relate and converse with older people and an understanding of, and sensitivity to, the issues related to services to older people.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work unsupervised whilst promoting a positive work environment.
What's on offer
- Exceptional remuneration package with not for profit benefits
- A chance to join one of the leading Aged Care providers in terms of innovation and positive staff culture.
- Career progression opportunity with close support from the leadership team based in Melbourne
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion or role related enquiries, please contact Amanda Halliday of The Orchard Talent Group on 02 9157 6203 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note all applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.