About the Organisation
Our client is an accommodation and lifestyle support organisation that is dedicated to creating freedom and enhancing the lives of people living with a disability. They have successfully helped individuals achieve their personal goals through an individualised approach to care, skill development and community inclusion.
With a presence in the North West region of NSW, our client continues to expand and refine their service offering to best support individuals with disabilities.
About the Role
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced and motivated Accountant to take on a part-time position with the opportunity of becoming full-time in the future and progressing to a senior financial management position. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Finance and Accounts Manager will be responsible for:
- Working with the CEO and Executive Team to develop annual budgets that reflect the organisations strategic direction;
- Overseeing the strategic and operational activities of the Finance function, identifying importunities to implement system and process improvements to achieve optimal efficiency;
- Managing daily financial activities including receivables, payables, payroll and cash flow management; and
- Ensuring that the financial and administrative infrastructure in place supports the provision of services to its staff, clients, stakeholders and general public.
With a demonstrated career in Accounting roles, the ideal candidate will present with the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Business or relevant field with full CPA or CA membership;
- At least five (5) years' Accounting experience in a professional context. Experience in Human Services organisations is preferred but not essential;
- Expert knowledge of accounting software systems and exposure to system implementations is highly desired;
- Exposure to a diverse range of accounting areas such as payroll, accounts receivable/payable and budgeting; and
- Integrity, strong organisational skills and an ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Above all else, the successful candidate will be passionate about helping others and possess a friendly, vibrant and positive attitude with a high level of emotional intelligence and professional maturity.
This is a rare part-time opportunity to join a progressive provider of Disability Support and Accommodation services in an influential and autonomous position. An attractive salary package and benefits will be offered to the successful applicant, including not-for-profit salary packaging.