Dougherty Apartments (Dougherty) provides both residential care services, retirement living and public housing units, in the heart of Chatswood. Dougherty looks to promote an environment where residents feel at home and can maintain their independence, including those within the community, for as long as practicable. As an organisation, Dougherty has a strong reputation and exceptional staff culture.
Dougherty is seeking a General Manager to strategically lead the organisation and deliver on care and commercial goals across their whole offering including residential aged care, independent living and public housing units. The position will have overall responsibility for the administration, management, financial performance, and strategic plan of Dougherty Apartments.
Reporting to the Board of Directors and leading a team of three direct reports, the General Manager will;
- Drive a positive and accountable staff culture in alignment with the Dougherty Apartments mission and values.
- Establish and continue to develop a contemporary aged care service model committed to high quality care, in line with the Dougherty Apartments operating philosophy and agreed operating model of person-centred care.
- Ensure robust systems are in place and operating effectively to identify and support business objectives, including compliance with all relevant legislative bodies
- Continually look at opportunities to advance the position of the Dougherty Apartments' business through innovative initiatives in alignment with legislative requirements.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders through effective communication strategies.
- Increase Dougherty's profile in the aged care sector as a unique, bespoke residential facility.
For this appointment we are seeking a commercial leader with substantial expertise in managing a high performing and successful business in an Aged Care or complex, highly regulated, healthcare environment. You will have a track record of leading a team of accountable staff, driving a high-performance culture to deliver on an organisation's strategic quality objectives. In addition, you will have;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in a management or health-related discipline (post graduate qualifications in management are highly desirable).
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills coupled with high-level communication skills (written and verbal).
- An ability to influence and negotiate across diverse groups including clients, families, ILU Residents and stakeholders with complex needs.
- A track record coordinating and managing multiple projects, in a multi-disciplinary team within a customer service setting.
- Strong financial management skills, experience and business acumen.
- A willingness and ability to exemplify and promote the Dougherty's values and mission.
- An entrepreneurial focus with an ability to identify and influence funding authorities and peak bodies.
What's on Offer
This is an exciting opportunity to join a boutique, community focused aged care provider in one of the most impactful roles within the current Australian Aged Care Sector. An attractive package of remuneration and benefits will be offered to the successful applicant, including not-for-profit salary packaging.
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please contact Amanda Halliday of The Orchard Talent Group on (02) 9157 6203 or email email@example.com.
To apply please submit your current CV via the link. Please note applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.
Applications close 11:59pm Friday, March 5th.