About New Horizons
For half a century New Horizons has helped thousands of Australians from all walks of life to enhance their wellbeing. New Horizons has supported people with disability and mental health concerns; and those who are aged, people at risk of homelessness, humanitarian entrants, youth, and Indigenous Australians.
New Horizons have recognised the need to revolutionise. They have taken a holistic and visionary approach to transforming their business, ensuring their relevance and sustainability in the Human Services sector since the 1960s and for decades to come.
About the Role
As New Horizons works through the next phase of their strategic growth plan, they are looking to add a General Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis to further support a high performing finance team.
Reporting the Chief Finance & Operations Officer, The GM of FP&A will:
- Provide CFOO and Executive team with accurate and timely information that will assist New Horizons meet strategic and performance goals.
- Be responsible for the delivery of month end systems closing processes on Navision and subsequent Corporate Performance Management systems.
- Partner with the Business Insights team to drive developments and continuous improvements to business intelligence tools, CPM and ERP systems whilst assisting more broadly with business systems and IT advancements.
- Act as a trusted business partner to the wider organisation and supporting the Finance team.
Whilst some travel may be required, this role will be primarily based in North Ryde.
The day to day:
- Ensure all system reconciliations are performed timely and accurately, work proactively to automate reconciliation procedures where necessary.
- Provide mentorship and coaching both within finance and to the users of financial information and business intelligence tools.
- Develop the financial aspects of business cases for capital expenditure and investments.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external reporting principals (AASB, Auditor and NDIS/NDIA).
- Seek out efficient IT solutions to enhance organisational performance, client/customer experience, including innovative new service delivery models.
For your ticket to join the New Horizons team, you will have:
- A motivation to elevate social outcomes within the Human Services sector.
- A pro-active nature with a passion to develop and progress within your career.
- CA, CPA, CIMA or ACCA membership with tertiary qualifications in Accounting or Finance.
- A minimum of 7 years' accounting experience across Management Accounting, Finance and leadership positions.
- PRINCE2 or equivalent project management qualifications.
- Strong working knowledge of CPM and ERP systems.
- A Current NSW Driver's Licence - essential.
What's on Offer
New Horizons believes they are only as strong as the people they hire. As an organisation, New Horizons thrives on working with their teams to support and grow them professionally and individually. As a collaborative organisation, New Horizons work to create and lead a supportive and friendly environment for all employees to enjoy. The New Horizons workforce is flexible, inclusive and diverse.
As an employee of New Horizons, you will have access to financial and non-financial benefits such as:
- Not-for-profit tax benefits
- 40-hour work weeks with a rostered day off (monthly)
- Employee Assistance Programs providing counselling and support services
- Flexible work arrangements
- A supportive culture and working environment
- Free parking on-site
- The knowledge that your role is directly improving individuals and communities across Australia.
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please call Dylan Kovacevich on (02) 9157 6204 or email Dylan@orchardtalent.com.au quoting the role title. To apply, please follow the link.
All applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia and will be required to obtain a National Criminal History Check (Police Check) for this role.
Applications close Midnight Thursday 6th of August 2020
New Horizons values diversity and encourages applications from all people.
Our vision is to see happy inclusive communities work together in collaborative and inclusive ways to create opportunity and improve quality of life.
Our workforce proudly reflects the local communities we connect with and support.
New Horizons acknowledges all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional custodians of the land.