About the Company
Our client is a not for profit Aged Care organisation that provides high-quality and innovative care services to their residents located across NSW and the ACT.
With more than 7,500 clients and 3,000 employees, the primary services of this organisation include Residential Aged Care, Retirement Living and In-Home Aged Care services.
About the Role
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the General Manager of Veteran Services is a senior position that will be responsible for providing high level strategic support and advice on Veterans Services and champion the organisation's purpose with respect to the provision of services for veterans and their families.
Working closely with the COO, CEO and the Board, the GM of Veteran Services will propose, develop, implement and evaluate veterans' programs to achieve an enhanced service offering, and an improved integration with other veteran service providers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Support the organisation in increasing their understanding of veterans and their families' needs.
- Continue to support homeless veterans through Homes for Heroes program and initiatives.
- Develop initiatives to better support veterans who are currently in our services.
- Enhance existing service offerings, including establishing guidelines and approach to deliver Benevolence programs for veterans.
- Support increased capability of staff in the care and support of veterans and their families.
- Engage with key stakeholders in the ex-service sector
- Advocate for the needs of Veterans at all levels.
For this role, we are seeking an experienced Leader to provide a high level of strategic support and advice on Veterans Services. We highly encourage expressions of interest from candidates who possess the following attributes:
- Tertiary Qualifications in relevant discipline, including business, health, human services.
- A military service background
- Ability to build and maintain effective internal relationship
- Excellent financial, social and environmentally responsible decision making
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the needs of Veterans, and connectivity with Veterans' networks in Australia.
- Sound understanding of the political and social context of Veterans' Agencies: DVA, RSL, Veterans Services and Ex Service Organisations.
- Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating human service programs.
- Strong ability to read and interpret relevant legislation, regulations and local policies.
- Demonstrated compassion, tolerance, patience and empathy for aged people and veterans.
- Appreciation and acceptance of people from different backgrounds and beliefs.
What's on Offer
This is an opportunity to work with an award-winning organisation, an innovator of systems and programs which advance the quality of care for residents.
Working directly with the Chief Operating Officer and liaising with an impressive Executive team, this is an impactful role with the ability to drive key projects and initiatives within the Veteran Services portfolio.
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please call Amanda Halliday on (02) 9157 6203 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference: 25993.
To apply, please follow the link.
All applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.