About the Organisation
Disability Services Australia (DSA) is a dynamic, for-purpose organisation empowering people to live the life they choose by helping people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of everyday life. With more than 1,800 employees, DSA provide a range of services including packaging solutions, accommodation support, employment solutions and education and training. Employing over 500 people with disability, DSA provides support to more than 3,000 people in the DSA community across the Sydney, Southern Highlands, Illawarra, Newcastle and Hunter regions.
An opportunity has become available for an experienced Work Health and Safety (WHS) leader to join the DSA team to lead and embed a contemporary safety culture across the organisation. Leveraging a best-practice approach, the Head of WHS will engage closely with their small team, external consultants and key stakeholders across the whole organisation to support employee safety and wellbeing. A key challenge of this role will be leading change across a broad variety of business settings including third-party supply chain services, supported independent-living accommodation, community programs, registered training and clinical care.
Reporting to the Executive General Manager Employment Pathways, the Head of WHS will;
- Lead the delivery of a preventative safety culture across DSA where safety is 'owned' by everyone.
- Embed effective standards, policies and procedures and ensure compliance to Work Health and Safety across all of DSA's business units.
- Ensure compliance and optimal delivery of employee wellbeing, including successful outcomes regarding Return to Work.
- Engage closely with a range of internal and external stakeholders to build positive relationships and achieve business goals.
Extensive travel will be required for this role across DSA's multiple sites.
As a hands-on senior WHS leader, you will have a demonstrated track record driving cultural change across a large, complex and geographically dispersed workforce. In addition, the successful candidate will have;
- Relevant qualifications or significant work experience in the area of Work Health and Safety.
- Extensive understanding of multiple workplace hazards and the detailed principles of their identification and analysis, in addition to knowledge of all legal processes for WHS compliance and workers compensation law.
- An ability to motivate, coach and elevate the capability of employees to achieve WHS outcomes.
- A track record of engaging and communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
This experience could have been gained in a variety of settings including but not limited to human services, transport and logistics, manufacturing, mining, public sector, telecommunications and engineering.
What's on Offer
This is an exciting opportunity to step into a legacy position and deliver measurable change across a broad range of business settings. As an organisation, DSA is committed to providing continued career progression opportunities. You will also receive a competitive salary with NFP salary packaging benefits.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your current CV and brief cover letter via the link. For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please call Emma Chapman-Davies of The Orchard Talent Group on (02) 9157 6207 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 11:59pm Sunday 11th October.