About the Organisation
As an innovative for-purpose organisation, our client is driven to empower people to live the life they choose by helping people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of everyday life. With more than 1,500 employees, they provide a range of services to support more than 3,000 people in the community across Sydney, the Southern Highlands, Illawarra, Newcastle and Hunter Region.
An opportunity has become available for an experienced Work Health and Safety leader to join the team to lead and embed a contemporary safety culture across the organisation. Leveraging a best-practice approach, the Head of WHS will engage closely with their small team, external consultants and key stakeholders across the whole organisation to support employee safety and wellbeing. A key challenge of this role will be leading change across a broad variety of business settings including third-party supply chain services, supported independent-living accommodation, community programs, registered training and clinical care.
Reporting to the Executive General Manager, the Head of WHS will;
- Lead the delivery of preventative safety culture across the organisation as a whole where safety is 'owned' by everyone.
- Embed effective standards, policies and procedures and ensure compliance to Work Health and Safety across all business units.
- Ensure compliance and optimal delivery of employee wellbeing, including successful outcomes regarding Return to Work
- Engage closely with a range of internal and external stakeholders to build positive relationships and achieve business goals.
Extensive travel will be required for this role across both metro Sydney locations and more regional locations.
As a hands-on senior WHS leader, you will have a demonstrated track record driving cultural change across a large, complex and geographically dispersed workforce. In addition, the successful candidate will have;
- Relevant qualifications or significant work experience in the area of Work Health and Safety.
- Extensive understanding of multiple workplace hazards and the detailed principles of their identification and analysis, in addition to knowledge of all legal processes for WHS compliance and workers compensation law.
- Demonstrated experience managing and coordinating RTW activities across an organisation to deliver positive outcomes.
- An ability to motivate, coach and elevate the capability of employees to achieve WHS outcomes.
- A track record of engaging and communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
This experience could have been gained in a variety of settings including but not limited to human services, retail, transportation and logistics, manufacturing, mining and engineering.
What's on Offer
This is an exciting opportunity to step into a legacy position and deliver measurable change across a broad range of business settings. As an organisation, they are committed to providing continued career progression opportunities. You will also receive a competitive salary with NFP salary packaging benefits.
How to Apply
To apply please submit your current CV via the link. For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please call Georgie Porter of The Orchard Talent Group via email firstname.lastname@example.org.