About the Organisation
Far West Local Health District (FWLHD) is a government funded health organisation providing care to a population of approximately 30,740. Bordering three states and covering an area of 194,949 square kilometres, FWLHD is the second largest NSW Local Health District in terms of geographic area. With nine facilities and an approximate budget of $115 million, FWLHD provides high quality clinical services and works with their communities to enable people to be as healthy as possible.
About the Opportunity
The Health Service Manager (HSM) Reliever is an essential position within the District providing clinical and leadership expertise in a relief capacity and assuming full responsibility of the roles in which they relieve. The position primarily provides relief for the Health Service Managers across the District's nine facilities. In addition, this role may also provide relief at other facilities within the District, including Broken Hill Health Service. The position of Reliever is integral to ensuring the continuity of outstanding patient care and organisational success and will include on-call duties.
Reporting to the Manager District Services, the HSM Reliever will;
- Develop leadership and management potential in staff through initiating development of policy relating to the nursing service in which they are working.
- Share and provide clinical expertise when needed and facilitate continued learning and development of individual staff and the broader team.
- Provide sound management skills to plan and monitor performance in areas of responsibility.
- Develop an operational plan for the nursing service that includes a staffing profile and service budget to meet the needs of the service patients in their care.
- Drive a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement.
This is a truly unique opportunity to gain broad clinical exposure and accelerated career progression. This role would suit an established nursing leader looking for an opportunity to travel and share their experience in a senior leadership position, or an individual with remote area nursing experience looking to develop their leadership and management experience. As a District, Far West is committed to supporting their workforce, offering unparalleled learning and professional development opportunities. The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive remuneration package that fully incorporates many of life's expenses (furnished accommodation, car, phone and laptop). Extensive travel is required for this role.
The successful candidate will have current registration with AHPRA as a nurse and previous emergency care experience. Those with an emergency care certificate or remote area nursing experience will be highly regarded. In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including conflict resolution, mediation and negotiation with an ability to motivate and inspire those within their team.
- A track record as a senior manager within an organisation; this may have been gained working in a position at level, or previous acting/secondment/relief experience.
- Broad clinical experience and operational management expertise within an acute health setting, including strategic planning and the development, implementation and evaluation of organisational plans.
- A sense of adventure and love of travel.
This is a rare opportunity to support not only colleagues, but the wider communities of Far West NSW in an exciting management role that is ever changing.
FWLHD values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community it serves. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with a disability.
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please call Emma Chapman-Davies of The Orchard Talent Group on (02) 9157 6207 or email email@example.com.
Applications close Sunday 26th April.