A unique opportunity has arisen to be involved in a new and exciting journey implementing Intensive Therapeutic Care (ITC) services on the Central Coast and in Sydney's northern suburbs.
Intensive Therapeutic Care provides an alternative to long term residential care, focusing on recovery from trauma, the achievement of positive life outcomes and a broad range of placement options for children and young people
This role will have significant impact supporting children and young people in our care who have experienced trauma and neglect. As part of the PSP management team, the focus is on high quality work and accountable and collaborative outcomes for young people.
About the Role
The Manager of Case work will have a heavy focus on leading and developing a team of Case workers
to enable a high quality and positive outcomes for children and young people. This role will work closely with intake and assessment specialists on the acceptance of new referrals to the programs whilst reporting and reviewing of a Caseload to comply with new legislation and compliance.
This role will be hugely impactful in helping to transition, establish and manage ITC services.
As the Manager Casework your role will be responsible for:
- Strengths-based solutions focussed staff leadership and management
- Quality and proactive case management and review, and continuous improvement
- Financial management, administration, client records and reporting
- Effective stakeholder engagement and collaboration
- Safeguarding and risk management
- Degree qualification in Social Work, Psychology or Social Welfare, including electives on trauma - preference will be given if you have electives and additional training in developmental trauma, statutory child protection or client interview and case management
- Minimum 4 years' casework experience in out of home care and/or child protection
- At least 2 years' experience successfully managing a team using contemporary approaches
- Sound experience in the management of budgets and care packages for vulnerable young people
- Thorough understanding of practical approaches to trauma informed care and application of therapeutic frameworks
- Knowledge or experience in Restoration, Preservation, Adoption and Guardianship
- Current and valid Australian Drivers Licence and your own fully insured vehicle
To apply please submit your application via the SEEK application button.
For a confidential discussion, please call Lillian Evans on (02) 9157 6205.