About the Company
The Benevolent Society (TBS) is a not-for profit and non-religious organisation that has helped people, families and communities achieve positive change since 1813. Through their advocacy and work with older Australians, children and families, and people with different abilities, TBS lives and breathes their vision to create a best life for all Australians. With 1,600 employees, over 600 volunteers, and plans for growth, TBS is operating in a sector undergoing substantial reform underpinned by changes to funding arrangements that provide greater consumer choice.
Due to a realignment of services, this is an exciting brand-new role. With operational management of TBS's Child and Family programs within Brisbane North, the portfolio includes a staff cohort of just under 50 with 6 direct reports.
Reporting to the Director of Child and Family, Queensland, the Manager Child and Family will:
- Work closely with the operational team and have responsibility for service delivery by understanding the scope and breadth of the programs;
- Possess strong leadership and people management skills;
- Have a track record within governance and managing the performance of multiple government contracts;
- Degree in a related Human Services, Psychology or Social Sciences;
- Have experience practice background with a thorough understanding of Child and Family practice frameworks within Child Protection and Therapeutic trauma informed practices;
- Engage closely with a variety of external stakeholders to advocate, look for growth and business development opportunities to meet community needs;
- Drive policy development to improve services and have the ability to lead the organisations strategic direction through these programs.
This is a rare opportunity to step into a cohesive and high performing team, to be the voice of the client and organisation within the external market. There is opportunity to grow and leave a valuable impact on the organisation's future strategic direction within the Brisbane Child, Youth and Family space.
What's on Offer
This is an opportunity to join an award-winning organisation that lives and breathes their vision to create a best life for all Australians. As an employer of over 1,500 people, this organisation will provide you with opportunities to further develop your career within a supportive environment. You will also receive a competitive salary with NFP salary packaging benefits.
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please call Dani White on (02) 9157 6208 or email email@example.com. To apply, please follow the link.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will be actively assessing applicants during the advertising period. Applications will close 25th August, 2020.