Fire and Rescue NSW (FRNSW)
FRNSW is one of the world's largest urban fire and rescue services and is the busiest in Australia. Our overriding purpose is to enhance community safety, quality of life, and confidence by minimising the impact of hazards and emergency incidents on the people, property, environment and economy of NSW. Our capabilities extend far beyond fighting fires. FRNSW firefighters are among the most highly trained in the world. Our teams provide fire prevention, they respond to hazardous materials incidents, natural disasters and medical emergencies. Our teams also undertake counter terrorism and urban search and rescue operations. We are prepared for anything - helping anyone, anywhere, anytime.
About the Opportunity
FRNSW Are seeking an experienced Manager Mental Health & Wellbeing (Psychologist) to join as an integral member of the multidisciplinary Health and Safety Branch. This opportunity has arisen as a result of a broader strategic change program focused on better engaging with the front-line workforce and encouraging more openness around mental health issues in the workplace.
Reporting to the Director, Work Health and Safety, the successful appointee will lead a growing team of Psychologists and mental health staff, focused on engaging directly with the workforce to address and respond to mental health issues across the organisation. Responsibilities include:
- Provide comprehensive strategic advice and direction in relation to the facilitation and coordination of optimal mental health outcomes and support services across FRNSW
- Lead the development, implementation and review of mental health and wellbeing strategic programs/ initiatives which assists with organisational and cultural change, and provides opportunities for proactive intervention and support for FRNSW
- Lead, supervise and mentor a diverse multidisciplinary Mental Health and Wellbeing team responsible for the delivery of cost effective and accurate and safe, mental health services for staff
- Oversee the provision and enhancement of external professional psychological services to the FRNSW workforce, including liaising with stakeholders to arrange and negotiate psychological service provision to maintain consistency, cost effectiveness and manage risk
- Provide oversight and act as a resource and mentor to identified internal stakeholders and coordinate and influence the direction of outcomes on the management of complex mental health and wellbeing issues
- Provide expert oversight of the structure and operationalisation of FRNSW Critical Incident Support Program, including managing interfaces with trauma support services
- Define and oversee communication plans for FRNSW workforce to build awareness of programs and services and ensure effective change management
An accomplished clinical leader with a passion for driving positive cultural change, you will demonstrate a strong alignment to the mission of FRNSW and desire to have a significant impact across the organisation. In addition to the essential criteria, you will demonstrate:
- Extensive experience leading mental health and wellbeing program design and delivery, across a comparably complex organisation;
- Strong communication, stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to work across an organisation to ensure the impact of programs are optimised;
- Experience working with internal and external teams to develop tailored and robust mental health and wellbeing programs, which deliver high levels of engagement; and
- A strong clinical background and proven ability to lead teams of clinicians and other staff working directly with a large operational workforce.
Great people come from all walks of life and at Fire & Rescue NSW we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community we serve.
How to Apply
When applying for this opportunity, please answer the following two targeted questions.
- Provide an example that demonstrates your experience developing and implementing strategies and programs focused on organisation wide Mental Health and Wellbeing optimisation.
- The Manager Mental Health and Wellbeing will engage with stakeholders across the organisation, to ensure the team is best responding to organisational requirements. Provide an example that demonstrates your ability to communicate effectively and successfully develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders within the business.
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please call Briaan Llorente of The Orchard Talent Group on (02) 9157 6212or email Briaan@orchardtalent.com.au