About the Organisation
Our client is a well-established organisation supporting Australians to remain living at home for those diagnosed with a life-limiting illness.
About the Role
This role will provider expert clinical care and advice to people with complex symptom management needs in their home. Providing high level clinical guidance and education to colleagues, the candidate will ensure best practice across the organisation through the use and presentation of evidence-based care.
The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the delivery of high-quality care across their community home care portfolio.
- Complete advanced level triage and appropriate comprehensive health assessments that include health history, physical examination, cultural, spiritual and social assessment and plan, implement and evaluate short term nursing care.
- Initiate, implement and evaluate care of clients within the scope of practice, clinical practice guidelines and Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency for the Nurse Practitioner.
- Share expert nursing knowledge to the multidisciplinary team, providing direct clinical care, guidance, support, education and advice on the clinical management of clients.
- Maintain personal professional portfolio and commitment to learning and development through the utilisation of evidence-based practice and research.
- Liaising with management in planning strategies for effective service delivery.
This role will suit a currently AHPRA-registered Nurse Practitioner, or a Transitional Nurse Practitioner towards the end of their studies.
- A currently registered (AHPRA) Nursing licence.
- Demonstrated extensive experience and/or postgraduate qualification in Palliative Care nursing.
- Well-developed knowledge regarding community resources available to enhance client quality of life.
- Proven commitment to the development of learning, teaching and research orientated work within a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills, including interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Current and unrestricted motor vehicle driver's licence.
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to pursue a specialised Nurse Practitioner function in Palliative Care.
- Chance to develop strong collegial links and partnerships with other Nurse Practitioners.
- Competitive salary with not-for-profit salary packaging benefits.
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please contact Tai James of The Orchard Talent Group on (02) 9157 6211 or email email@example.com
Please note applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.