Far West Local Health District (FWLHD) makes up the western-most District in NSW and provides care to more than 30,700 residents. Bordering three states, South Australia, Queensland and Victoria, and covering an area of 194,949 square kilometres, FWLHD is the second largest NSW Local Health District in terms of geographic area. FWLHD has nine facilities and more than 800 staff.
FWLHD is seeking a Nurse Unit Manager, Surgical, to lead and direct an appropriate and safe standard of care within a multidisciplinary team at Broken Hill Health Service. The Surgical unit of Broken Hill Hospital consists of 21 beds. There are an additional four chairs providing 'Hospital in the Home' and discharge services seven days a week.
With a focus on providing clear direction and leadership, this role will be responsible for leading a change mandate to increase staff engagement and promote consistency of care across the unit.
Reporting in to the Director Nursing & Midwifery and leading a team of 19, the Nurse Unit Manager Surgical will;
- Act as role model and senior clinician to manage, guide and develop people, particularly less experienced staff and other health care team members.
- Ensure nursing services are delivered in a planned and systematic way that promotes holistic care focussed on the individual patient/client needs and rights.
- Engage closely within internal and external stakeholders to deliver continuity of quality care.
- Establish and maintain performance improvement processes, promoting a culture of enquiry and driving best practice.
- Assist with workforce management (including recruitment, induction, professional development, performance reviews and leader rounding) and optimise rostering capability.
- Utilise resources (human, physical and financial) in collaboration with the Finance team to deliver safe and efficient care.
With a vision of "excellence in rural and remote health", FWLHD is committed to supporting their workforce, offering unparalleled learning and professional development opportunities.
This is a unique opportunity to join a vibrant community in a legacy position and continue with your professional development.
FWLHD is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disability are encouraged to apply for all internal and externally advertised positions. If you require assistance, please advise the contact person at the time of your application.
Need more information? Please follow the link to IWorkforNSW https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/job/nursing-unit-manager-broken-hill-hospital-surgical-ward-142865,
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Emma Chapman-Davies of the Orchard Talent Group on (02) 9157 6207 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Close: 30 August 2019