Southern Cross Care
Southern Cross Care (NSW & ACT) is a leading not-for-profit organisation serving older Australians for nearly 50 years. They employ 2,200 staff and support over 3,500 customers through their 32 residential aged care facilities, 30 retirement living communities and in-home care services. Southern Cross Care's culture is values-driven and person-centred, with a focus on providing high quality care in line with their mission of enabling older people to live life to the full.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, driven and well-rounded HR professional to contribute to the mission of one of the state's leading for-purpose aged care providers. Reporting to the General Manager People & Culture, the People & Culture Manager will lead a multi-disciplinary team of 7 with a portfolio including;
- HR Business Partnering: Providing sound advice and guidance to build the capability of managers and support the delivery of high-quality services to clients. This includes overseeing/conducting investigations and implementing the outcomes and decisions made.
- Employee/Industrial Relations: Providing leadership on industrial relations strategies and operational execution to meet organisational needs.
- Talent Attraction and Acquisition: Leading a team of talent acquisition specialists and focusing on optimising strategies relating to recruitment and employer branding, to attract top talent from inside and outside the sector; and
- HR Systems/Administration: Ensuring HR-related processes and systems are fit-for-purpose and effectively embedded across the organisation.
Your background as a HR practitioner and leader will demonstrate:
- Several years' experience as a Human Resources generalist and/or business partner, and experience leading HR professionals (formal or informal leadership).
- Experience gained with a large, geographically dispersed workforce in a Human Services context e.g. Aged Care, Disability Services, Hospitals, Community Services.
- Significant experience in industrial relations including interpretation of enterprise agreements and Awards along with effective rostering practices. Understanding of Fair Work legislation and processes.
- Understanding of the factors that maximise the contribution of the 'human services' workforce, with a passion for improving HR practices and employee experience/engagement.
- Strong stakeholder management and relationship-building skills to people of all roles, interests and backgrounds.
Above all else, you will be passionate about helping others and possess a friendly, vibrant and positive attitude with a high level of emotional intelligence and professional maturity.
This is a rare opportunity to join a progressive aged care provider in an important and influential role, with clear career progression and development. An attractive package of remuneration and benefits will be offered to the successful applicant, including not-for-profit salary packaging.
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please call Briaan Llorente on (02) 9157 6212 or email Briaan@orchardtalent.com.au quoting the role title. To apply, please follow the link. All applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.