About the Opportunity
The Practice Leader will be responsible for identifying and reviewing best practices in accordance with the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Commission across Supported Independent Living, Community Support and Attendant Care. This role will work in close partnerships with internal stakeholders including the clinical, operations and senior leadership teams to drive best practice across the business.
Reporting into the General Manager, Quality and Risk, and working in collaboration with the broader quality team, the Practice Leader will:
- Engage with the broader frontline and clinical team to assess competency of high medical clinical procedures;
- Conduct a gap-analysis to identify areas of risk and needs for improvement across the existing Practice Framework;
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise on issues facing disability service providers across quality management and safeguarding;
- Promote good practice and continuous quality improvement through advice and guidance to the organisation staff and leadership team;
- Support the business and engage with customers in responding to incidents, feedback, suggestions and complaints to ensure corrective and protective actions are identified in a timely and sustainable manner;
- Utilise data to develop evidence-based reports to advise the Senior Leadership and Executive Team regarding the key areas for Learning & Development and Risk across the organisation;
- Demonstrate key knowledge of the interface of quality, practice and safeguarding in the prevention of abuse and neglect of people with disability.
Some travel will be required in this role across the different service locations.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of the following;
- Hold a Registered Nurse degree and be AHPRA certified
- In-depth knowledge of high medical need clinical care procedures and guidelines
- Disability sector experience including NDIS funding, SIL quotes, and the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework.
- Well-developed education skills with the capacity to build and upskill positive teams.
- Current driver's licence, and a willingness to travel.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Lizzie Ocampo at The Orchard Talent Group on 0406 832 212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org