About The Benevolent Society
The Benevolent Society (TBS) is a not-for profit and non-religious organisation that has helped people, families and communities achieve positive change since 1813. Through their advocacy and work with older Australians, children and families, and people with different abilities, TBS lives and breathes their vision to create a best life for all Australians. In this space, people matter. The skills and passion of their workforce drive the consumer experience and positive outcomes for the people and communities they work with. With 1,600 employees, over 600 volunteers, and plans for growth, TBS is operating in a sector undergoing substantial reform underpinned by changes to funding arrangements that provide greater consumer choice.
About the Opportunity
As TBS enters the next phase of their strategic growth plan, they have made the decision to appoint a senior procurement individual as a Procurement Director. The purpose of this role is to standardise procurement activities across all services lines (Ageing, Disability, Child Youth and Family) with the purpose of minimising procurement spend and maximising mutually beneficial strategic partnerships. This individual will have strong performance guidelines set by the organisation.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Procurement Director will:
- Analyse existing processes and procedures by engaging with stakeholders across the organisation.
- Develop and implement organisation wide procurement policies and processes to ensure a standardised approach to procurement activities.
- Take lead in developing new preferred supplier agreements and re-negotiating existing contracts.
- Enhance the workforces understanding of appropriate procurement policy and assist with the educational roll out of proper procurement governance.
For this role, we are seeking an experienced procurement leader that can provide immediate impact at a strategic and operational level. The successful candidate will be able to speak to experiences of developing and implementing procurement frameworks and possess a track record of meeting and exceeding performance targets within a procurement function. Candidates that possess the following skills and experience are highly encouraged to apply:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or senior/executive leadership experience as a stand-alone role.
- Demonstrated experience in successful development and implementation of procurement strategies and governance frameworks.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills including the ability to interact constructively and collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders throughout all organisational levels.
- Demonstrated ability of setting and meeting performance targets
This is a rare opportunity to step into a newly created role with a reputable provider of Disability and Community Services where every dollar saved counts towards increased social purpose. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to take complete ownership of this function and design their own best practices, policies and systems.
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please call Dylan Kovacevich on (02) 9157 6204 or email Dylan@orchardtalent.com.au quoting the role title. To apply, please follow the link.
All applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.