This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced clinician to join a leading not-for-profit provider of home care, retirement living and residential aged care facilities. This organisation has a passion for providing high quality care to their clients and ensuring employees are supported in achieving this goal.
They are now seeking a Quality & Clinical Governance Manager to continue to drive the development, coordination and implementation of Quality Management Systems across residential aged care, home care and retirement living.
The Quality & Clinical Governance Manager will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following;
- Provide strong and effective leadership to managers and staff within residential, home care and retirement living services to achieve compliance with Accreditation Standards and other regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain standard quality and clinical systems and processes to support accreditation, contemporary best practice and legislative compliance.
- Develop and monitor, trending and reporting of quality and clinical indicators across care streams.
- Work in partnership with the Care Streams Managers to develop and implement practical risk management strategies and plans for improved quality and clinical practice.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, leadership and professional development and promote the provision of excellence in care of older people.
- Maintain systems and processes for audits, communicating and embedding changes in legislation, compliance requirements, improvements in practice
- Lead the development and implementation of a quality education program
The successful candidate will be able to display the following criteria;
- Demonstrated senior management and leadership experience in aged care health care or social services.
- Sound working knowledge of the aged care regulatory environment including the 1997 Aged Care Act and associated legislation and principles.
- Experience in evaluating workplace practices against accreditation standards, quality systems, and organisational policies and procedures.
- Experience in the development, implementation, monitoring and continuous improvement of quality systems in a medium sized organization.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral presentation skills and highly developed interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Computer literacy (including MS Office, Power Point, Excel and industry-specific software applications).
Tertiary qualifications in a relevant management or healthcare field as well as current authority to practice as a Registered Nurse (Division 1), with the Australian Health Practitioner Registration Agency APHRA is essential.
Additional qualifications and experience in adult education, aged care, dementia care, behaviour management palliative care or mental health will be highly regarded.
To apply for this position please submit your CV through the Seek application portal. For a confidential discussion please contact Amanda Halliday on (02) 9157 6222 or email@example.com