Participate Australia has been supporting people with disabilities since 1983, previously as Family Resource and Networks Support Incorporated (FRANS). Participate Australia makes a difference in the lives of people with disabilities by respecting their dignity, autonomy, freedom of choice and independence, and by supporting the achievement of their goals. Supporting over 500 clients, Participate delivers Community Supports, Supported Independent Living, and Support Coordination services throughout the Inner West and Greater Sydney area.
Participate are seeking a Quality and Safeguarding Manager who will be responsible for overseeing, implementing, and managing Participate Australia's compliance policies and procedures under the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework. The Quality and Safeguarding Manager will lead and manage compliance in areas including Restrictive Practices, ChildSafe, Reportable Incidents, Mandatory reporting, Feedback and Complaints.
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the Quality and Safeguarding Manager will;
- Review and implement the organisation's quality framework under the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
- Develop and implement a robust risk and compliance framework across the organisation, with policies that will be fit-for-purpose and promote a culture of outstanding customer care.
- Conduct internal audits on quality and compliance standards to prepare the organisation for external accreditation.
- Partner with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders across the organisation to lead and effectively embed new policies, processes, and procedures.
- Manage the implementation of restrictive practice policies and ensure that new procedures are updated accordingly.
- Oversee and manage feedback and complaints, to ensure all stakeholders have access to various avenues of providing feedback and positive resolution.
- Ensure regular and accurate reporting relevant to the Quality and Safeguarding function for the COO and Board.
As and experienced Quality and Safeguarding leader you will have previous experience developing and implementing effective policies and procedures to ensure an organisation's service delivery is aligned to best practice standards. You will be comfortable developing and implementing positive change. In addition, you will have;
- Deep understanding of the responsibilities and requirements of a registered service provider under the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework
- Demonstrated track record of developing and implementing policies and procedures within the NDIS sector in areas such as Quality, Compliance, Incident Reporting, Audits, and Complaints
- An ability to maintain accurate, professionally appropriate, and current records and written reports.
- Strong knowledge of restrictive practices, mandatory reporting and complaints management
Previous experience working within Community Supports or Supported Independent Living services would be highly regarded, as is Aged Care experience.
What's on Offer
This is a unique opportunity to step into a key leadership position and deliver impactful transformation and change to the organisation's service delivery with a supportive team. The successful candidate will be able to clearly manage and track their impact on the organisation and broader communities that they serve in this role.
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please contact Lizzie Ocampo of The Orchard Talent Group on 0406 832 212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please submit your current CV via the link. Please note applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.
Applications close 11:59pm 14th of March, 2021.