As an innovative for-purpose organisation, Disability Services Australia (DSA) is driven to empower people to live the life they choose by helping people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of everyday life. With more than 1,500 employees, they provide a range of services to support more than 3,000 people in the community across Sydney, the Southern Highlands, Illawarra, Newcastle and Hunter Region.
DSA are currently seeking an experienced Regional Manager to help transform business operations to deliver on their vision. The role is varied, rewarding and challenging with responsibility for the complete management of an allocated region within Community and Home Living. Overseeing seven sites across the Hunter Region, a key mandate for this position will be to actively promote and seek new opportunities for expansion of the region into new service offerings, and provide input and implement workforce strategy initiatives.
Reporting to the General Manager of Community and Home Living and leading a team of two Senior Program Managers, the Regional Manager will;
- Oversee and have operational responsibility for services, in addition to providing strategic input to meet and deliver organisational objectives.
- Lead, coach and develop a team to meet business objectives and promote a collaborative and customer-service focused culture.
- Manage human and non-human resources in line with set budgets, ensuring regular and reporting.
- Maintain and promote high quality care, with up-to-date case plans and claiming in line with service delivery.
- Identify and pursue areas for service expansion within the region.
As an experienced manager working within the Disability & Social Services sector you will have a track record of leading successful change initiatives across a broad portfolio supporting people with psychosocial and mental health disabilities. Key selection criteria (the non-negotiable). In addition, you will have;
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Services or relevant fields such as psychology, nursing, disability, mental health, management, etc.
- Sound understanding of the service delivery of complex behavioural needs, including restrictive practices and high support staff ratios
- Track record of leading a team to meet business objectives and provide contemporary best-practice care within community services
- An ability to communicate effectively and develop relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Please note a valid Driver's License and NSW WWCC is required.
What's on Offer
This is an exciting opportunity to step into a high and deliver impactful change and transform the organisation's approach to client care. Disability Services Australia is committed to providing continued career progression opportunities. You will also receive a competitive salary with NFP salary packaging benefits.
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please contact Lizzie Ocampo of The Orchard Talent Group on 0406 832 212 or email email@example.com.
To apply please submit your current CV via the link. Please note applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.
Applications close 11:59pm 20th of February.