About the Opportunity
Our client, a leading healthcare services provider, is seeking a Senior OHS and Emergency Management Advisor to join the organisation on an interim contract. Leading and contributing to various initiatives across the People Culture and Safety function, the Senior Advisor will play a key role and provide subject matter expertise around, Occupational Health and Safety Management and Incident/Emergency Control Management.
Parachuting into a well-resourced team. The advisor will provide critical advice and sensible reasoning to their emergency management team. This will be a hands on role and requires a knowledgeable and driven specialist to have an impact on the organisations response.
Additionally the Senior Advisor will;
- Provide advice and direction to managers and business partners on work health and safety matters, to drive a safety culture that will positively influence morale and achieve a safe and healthy work environment, ensuring continuous effective service delivery within a performance based, innovative, responsive and accountable customer focused work culture,
- Provide authoritative and influential advice on OHS, OV and EM systems and behaviours to the organisations executive and senior management, which includes being a source of authoritative advice to the Director People, Culture & Safety on these issues.
You will demonstrate experience and capability in the above mentioned disciplines and have a desire to roll your sleeves up and get involved in a range of OHS and EM initiatives. Additionally, you will demonstrate;
- Formal qualifications in safety (diploma level or higher) from a recognised institution
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to proactively build and maintain positive working relationships across all levels of a complex organisation in order to drive improved safety culture, compliance and performance
- Senior experience in OHS and Emergency Management leadership in a relevant context
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, including ability to write formal policies, procedures and performance reports
- High level negotiation and influencing competencies including external regulators and tribunals
- Demonstrated ability to manage large scale projects
- An excellent understanding and working application of OHS and Emergency Management legislation, standards, guidelines, etc.
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please call Briaan Llorente of The Orchard Talent Group on (02) 9157 6212or email Briaan@orchardtalent.com.au