About the Company
This is an exciting opportunity to work with one of Australia's most established charitable organisations that provides services and support across Aged Care, Children & Families and Disability sectors.
With over 1,500 employees and 600 volunteers across NSW, QLD & SA, our client has plans for further growth and pride themselves on their supportive culture. They have a passion for delivering continued professional growth and development opportunities to their staff.
Due to internal movement, an opportunity has become available for a Senior Practitioner to join the team based in Macquarie Park. Working within the organisations Foster Care program, this role will enable children in Out of Home Care (OOHC) to achieve their highest potential.
Reporting into the Team Leader, Foster Care and managing a Support Worker, key responsibilities include:
- Direct caseload management of complex cases
- Training new team members and supporting the team to build their assessment, case management and therapeutic intervention capacity.
- Supporting their carers and their birth parents to create a safe and secure environment so these children have a safe place to land.
- Step up into the Team Leader duties as required
As an experienced Social Worker, Psychologist, Case Worker or Case Manager (5+ years) you will have:
- A relevant degree qualification in Psychology or Social Work and current driver's license (pool cars are available)
- A strong track record identifying and addressing child protection concerns and/or in Out of Home Care
- Capacity to mentor and support colleagues to improve practice outcomes
- The ability to engage resistant clients and people from all cultures and walks of life
What's on Offer
This is an opportunity to join an award-winning organisation that lives and breathes their vision to create a best life for all Australians. As an employer of over 1,500 people, this organisation will provide you with opportunities to further develop your career within a supportive environment. You will also receive a competitive salary with NFP salary packaging benefits.
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please call Jessica Lewy on (02) 9157 6215 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please follow the link.