About Western Health
Our workforce of over 7,500 employees are driven by our values of 'Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Safety' (CARES). We value our people and provide them the opportunity to grow and develop. Our teams are friendly and supportive, ensuring we deliver a safe, person-centred and connected patient experience.
Western Health comprises of three acute public hospitals: Footscray, Sunshine and Williamstown Hospital. We also operate the Joan Kirner Women's and Children's, Sunbury Day Hospital, Transition Care at Hazeldean and a range of community based services. We care for a diverse community of over 1 million people with complex care needs ranging from Neonates to Geriatrics.
About the Opportunity
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and solutions driven employee and industrial relations specialist to join an organisation providing critical health care to Melbourne's western suburbs. The Senior Workplace Relations and Projects Lead will join the organisation on an initial 12-month contract and will bolster the capability of an existing Employee Relations team; with a particular focus on
- providing high quality advice and support to key stakeholders across the organisation;
- taking the lead on a range of complex ER/IR cases;
- involvement in various key employee relations projects; and
- working with the Manager Employee Relations and Business Partnerships on elevating the capability of the existing business partners.
Reporting to the Director of Employee Relations Business Partnership and Injury Management, the successful appointee will provide critical support to the organisation during a period of rapid change and organisational development, and will take a lead role on project delivery for change management as well as supporting the Director in coaching and mentoring People and Culture ER Advisors/Business Partners; leading and conducting union consultation as required and ensuring consistently high standards of advice for the organisation. Where required the Advisor will appear and present cases to the Fair Work Commission.
An accomplished and well-regarded employee relations specialist, you will demonstrate significant experience in contemporary employee relations practice as well as complex project and change management.
In addition to the essential criteria, you will also demonstrate
- a strong employee/industrial relations skill set and the ability to build credibility with a broad range of stakeholders, whilst leveraging relationships across the organisation;
- extensive experience providing tactical and strategic ER advice within a heavily unionised, complex workplace;
- a proactive, solutions focused approach and the ability to take the lead on complex ER/IR issues, applying your knowledge and skillset to achieve positive outcomes for the organisation and its employees.
Western Health is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting and retaining diversity in our workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Western Health is committed to providing a safe environment for the children and young people who are involved in our services, sites and operations. We follow and abide by all legislative requirements to keep children and young people safe. All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Police Record Check, an Immunisation status clearance and (if applicable) a Working with Children's Check.
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please call Briaan Llorente of The Orchard Talent Group on (02) 9157 6212 or email Briaan@orchardtalent.com.au