We are seeking a Support Coordinator who is dedicated to supporting the rights of people with disabilities and empowering choice and control.
The Support Coordination team supports people with a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) plan to connect to their communities and access a range of supports across one or more providers.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Strengthen and enhance the participant's abilities to self-direct their own supports and participate in the community;
- Support implementation of all supports in the plan, including informal, mainstream and community, as well as funded supports;
- Support the participant through identifying and selecting providers, monitoring plan outcomes & plan expenditure;
- Coordinate assessments, reports and service proposals;
- Capturing any required data for the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA)
We seek a self-motivated and friendly individual with:
- Allied Health qualifications; or minimum Certificate IV in Disability or similar; or relevant practical experience
- Experience in providing services to NDIS participants as a Support Coordinator
- Strong knowledge and awareness of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and the changing disability sector
- Strong customer service skills with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with people with disability and/ or their families and support network and service providers
- High level interpersonal communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Sound time management skills and demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to make complex judgements, prioritise tasks and take initiative
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to write high quality reports
To apply, please follow the link.
For a confidential discussion or any further inquiries please contact Lizzie Ocampo at 0406 832 212 or email@example.com