Our client is a dynamic, values driven organisation that has been supporting people with a disability for almost a century. The organisation is passionate and committed to creating possibilities for the people they support to live, grow & develop their own best life, while having fun and enjoying the work within a great company environment. With their employees as their greatest asset, the organisation is committed to offering a friendly place to work that is a genuine and supportive team environment that promotes growth. The organisation strives to provide a 'life changing' experience not only for their clients but for all the people that work for them as well.
The Team Leader will oversee the community services and is responsible for the day-to-day delivery of services, including supervising a team of Disability Support Workers to achieve their best performance whilst meeting the goals and outcomes for customers.
Reporting to the Manager Client Services and leading a team of 15 - 20 Disability Support Workers, the Team Leader will;
- Ensure the smooth running of services by managing and monitoring different resources including budget and expenses to achieve the best outcomes for the clients and the organisation;
- Prepare rosters that meet the needs of people being supported and service needs;
- Develop strong working relationships with families and the broader client support network;
- Oversee that each client is receiving appropriate support in accordance with their person-centred plans;
- Respond to all incidents and injuries in accordance with the company policies and procedures, as well as the NDIS Safeguarding and Quality Standards;
- Contribute to the growth of the portfolio, identifying networking and community partnership opportunities and leveraging strong customer service.
As the Team Leader, you will have demonstrated experience coaching and leading a team to deliver best practice service delivery to clients receiving drop-in and life skills support services in the community.
In addition, you will have;
- Tertiary qualifications in the relevant human services field
- 2 - 3 years' experience working with and supporting people within disability services
- Sound understanding of the varying support needs of people with disabilities, including high functioning clients
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritise and coordinate responsibilities for a team
- Valid Driver's Licence and willingness to travel
Previous experience managing multiple Disability community based services would be desirable.
What's on Offer
Be a part of an organisation that values inclusion and career progression opportunities that allow employees to gain exposure to multiple services within the business. The organisation also offers flexible working arrangements, with an additional week of annual leave per year.
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please contact Lizzie Ocampo of The Orchard Talent Group on 0406 832 212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please submit your current CV via the link. Please note applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.
Applications close 11:59pm Sunday 11th of April.