The Permanency Support Program (PSP) has been designed to build safe and engaged pathways through a broad suite of services and strong links to communities that support our young people beyond the bounds of Intensive Therapeutic Care (previously known as Out of Home Care).
The Foster Care Team Supervisor will have focus on the delivery of recruitment, assessment, training and support of foster carers for children and young people within the PSP programs.
This position will oversee Foster Care Recruitment and Support Officers whilst evaluating all activities within the Care programs. Building relationships and working in partnership with a multi-disciplinary team to recommend strategies for continuous improvement and mitigating risk within the workforce.
About the Role
A newly created role, within an established organisation on the central Coast. This role will require a strong people manager, with a passion for continuous improvement and new initiatives in alignment with workforce risk and quality frameworks.
Predicting a 50% growth by 2020 the immediate focus will be to recruit, develop and train your own team in collaboration with the PSP and Clinical Services to ensure staff engagement and great quality outcomes for children and young people within the PSP program.
- Assist in sourcing and recruiting foster carers
- Respond promptly and directly to foster carer enquires
- Coordinate foster carer recruitment processes including:
- Initial evaluation and screening of candidates
- Interview scheduling
- Pre-service training co-ordination
- Actively monitor candidate progress through recruitment process
- Collate, maintain and evaluate and report on a range of recruitment outcome metrics
- Assist with the implementation of marketing activities for foster carer recruitment
- Co-ordinate the approval process, ensuring clearances and compliance matters in relation to recruitment and assessment undertaken and recorded as per CatholicCare policies and procedures
- Collate, maintain and evaluate and report on a range of retention outcome metrics
About the Company
Join our vibrant faith-based agency providing innovative social care services to 20,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the Central Coast. CatholicCare's Foster Care team provide support services to Foster Carers, birth families and children and young people in care aged 0-18 years requiring integrated therapeutic intervention.
Key requirements include:
- Relevant qualifications in an appropriate area of discipline and/or a minimum of two years' experience preferably in a related field
- Demonstrated skills or experience in recruitment and/or marketing
- Demonstrated ability to train, coach and provide support to others
- Computer literacy including Word, Excel, email and internet options
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including report writing
- Current and valid Australian Drivers Licence and your own fully insured vehicle
What is on Offer
- An opportunity to work for a strength's-based employer with low turnover, great work benefits, proactive self-care initiatives and in a great team environment making a difference to families, children and young people in the community.
- Assistance with the development and review of plans to support your well-being.
- Access to inhouse and external training and learning opportunities.
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits (for permanent staff).
To apply please submit your application via the SEEK application button.
For a confidential discussion, please call Lillian Evans on (02) 9157 6205.