About the Company
This is an exciting opportunity to work with one of Australia's most established charitable organisations that provides services and support across the Aged Care, Children & Families and Disability sectors.
With over 1,500 employees and 600 volunteers across NSW, QLD & SA, our client has plans for further growth and pride themselves on their supportive culture. They have a passion for delivering continued professional growth and development opportunities to their staff.
We are seeking an experienced Team Leader to join the Family Partnerships team, with the role to be based in Hurstville. Working within the organisation's Foster Care program, the Team Leader will ensure their team are positioned to provide exceptional services to children and families so they can feel safe and secure.
Reporting to the Deputy Manager, Child & Family (Foster Care) program and leading a team of 3-4 direct reports key responsibilities include:
- Assessment of new foster carers and guardianship assessments
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with community partners and attending community-based events
- Overseeing the organisations recruitment campaigns for foster carers
- Developing and conducting group information sessions
- Supervising case management support to respite carers
- Providing coaching and support to foster carers as required.
As an experienced Team Leader or Manager (5+ years), you will have:
- A track record leading child protection services, ideally in Out of Home Care, to improve client services and outcomes
- People leadership experience with the ability to build a high performing team
- Knowledge of the Step by Step model or other carer assessment models
- Sound management skills including troubleshooting and managing multiple priorities
- Strong stakeholder relationship skills and the ability to network with community partners
- A relevant degree qualification, ideally in social work, and current driver's license
What's on Offer
This is an opportunity to join an award-winning organisation that lives and breathes their vision to create a best life for all Australians. As an employer of over 1,500 people, this organisation will provide you with opportunities to further develop your career within a supportive environment. You will also receive a competitive salary with NFP salary packaging benefits.
For a confidential discussion or role related queries, please call Jessica Lewy on (02) 9157 6215 or email email@example.com. To apply, please follow the link. All applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.